FEEDS: 4 - 6
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. ginger, minced or grated
1 tsp. sesame oil
pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 c. cornstarch
Vegetable oil, for frying
1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. honey
2 tsp. sesame seeds
PREP TIME: 0:15 TOTAL TIME: 0:15
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, panko bread crumbs, 2 green onions, egg, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
2. Roll mixture into small balls, about a heaping tablespoon. Then toss meatballs in cornstarch.
3. In large skillet over medium high heat about 1/2” of vegetable oil. Add meatballs and cook until seared on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove meatballs from skillet and drain fat.
4. To the skillet over medium heat, add chicken broth, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, hoisin, and honey. Whisk to combine then add back meatballs. Simmer until meatballs are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes more.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle with remaining green onion and sesame seeds.